What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties consist of but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining purchase ledgers for various clients
- Checking purchase invoices and inputting onto system
- Matching of invoices to purchase orders
- Obtain authorisation for payment and producing payment run
- Assisting with supplier statement reconciliations
- Organising and filing of invoices
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Reconciliation of monthly credit card statements
- Company secretarial, confirmation statements and companies house forms
- Answering inbound calls and directing accordingly
- General admin duties where required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will be enrolled on the Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship standard, which includes 6 AAT exams, in addition to the Synoptic Assessment as part of the End-Point Assessment(EPA) process. The knowledge units will be delivered at the EMA training hub in Derby or Nottingham (depending on apprentices location) through day release. AAT Modules are as follows:
- Bookkeeping Transactions (L2 Unit)
- Bookkeeping Controls (L2 Unit)
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Management Accounting: Costing Indirect Tax
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The potential to secure a more senior role with additional responsibilities
- The possibility to secure a full-time role upon completion of the apprenticeship
- The opportunity to progress onto a level 4 accountancy apprenticeship upon completion of the level 3
Reality CheckFantastic supportive working environment A business which cares about employees progression Supportive team Excellent business culture At EMA we value our Apprentices highly, hence why we have created a reward and recognition platform especially for them! The platform is called EMAzing and it is designed to recognise hard work and reward in the process. It is that unbelievable, we will even go as far as saying that no one else in this industry offers anything quite like this. It offers: Discounts at thousands of shops, FREE birthday gift, FREE weekly Caffe Nero drink or Gregg’s sausage roll, FREE monthly Rakuten film stream, FREE learning and development tools and so much more. As well as: A recognition area with e-cards to applaud good work, celebrate milestones & appreciate peers, EMA podcast series, monthly awards and EMA Alumni.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English Literature (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade 4) Essential