What will the apprentice be doing?
Vertu Motors operates a nationwide chain of franchised motor dealerships offering sales, servicing, parts and accident repair facilities for new and used car and commercial vehicles. The group trades as Bristol Street Motors, Macklin Motors, Vertu Motors across the UK with over 149 sales outlets and 32 franchises.
You will have the opportunity to learn from a team of highly skilled professionals and a range of company benefits and best of all, you will have the opportunity to gain permanent employment within the group.
Main responsibilities and duties
- Completion of daily banking in line with Group Policy
- Process/distribute Purchase Ledger invoices to appropriate authorised colleagues and ensure all supplier statement reconciliations are completed monthly
- Timeliness of settlements and finance pay-outs
- Completion of Monthly BACS payment runs
- Credit Control duties chasing debts weekly and following up where necessary
- Provide support to the purchasing/sales function on an ad-hoc basis in terms of query resolution
- Ensure the control of the petty cash systems including monthly cash floats reconciliation in line with Group policy
- Provide support on an ad hoc basis to both the Assistant
- Accountant and Accountant on a wide variety of projects as and when required
- Basic admin duties such as: filing, photocopying, binding and typing
- Handling external or internal communication and management systems
- Management of office equipment
- Answering the telephone and passing on messages
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Assistant Accountant Level 3 Apprenticeship.
This apprenticeship is delivered through work based learning, this means that all training is done at the workplace eliminating the need to attend college. The successful candidate will be required to attend weekly half day remote teaching sessions during working hours and complete a Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting as well as the Assistant Accountant Level 3 Apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a fantastic opening to apply for permanent employment in a varied and ever expanding industry. Vertu Motors has an enviable reputation for well trained, high quality staff and this is a career opportunity not to be missed.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Math's (Grade 4/C) Essential