This is an exciting role which provides an excellent opportunity for an individual with an interest and passion to commence a career in finance and accountancy.
The Assistant Accountant Apprentice will be jointly employed by 15billionebp and Inspire, and will work within our finance team supporting our Head of Finance. We are seeking a reliable, confident and self-motivated individual to join our finance team which is an integral part of both charities. The finance team works with all departments, and is responsible for managing and delivering the finance function for both charities and ensuring that effective systems and processes are in place to enable sound financial control and the production of financial information for use both internally and externally. The role will include regular communication with customers, suppliers and colleagues from both charities.
The successful candidate will complete a structured programme of learning which combines training and work duties with formal study for either a Level 3 or Level 4 apprenticeship. Level of apprenticeship will be confirmed once we have recruited the successful applicant because the decision is based upon their previous experience and qualifications.
Apprenticeship training will be combined with skills learnt on the job enabling the Assistant Accountant to develop a good cross section of knowledge and skills across key areas of accounting and daily operational support within our finance department. Skills will include data inputting, accounting, tax and audit preparation. In addition, you will gain key transferable workplace skills in areas such as communication and administration to support you in your accountancy career.
Progression to ACA.
Progression in to a Finance Officer role.
The Assistant Accountant Apprentice will be jointly employed by 15billionebp and Inspire, and will work within our finance team supporting our Head of Finance. They will work from our offices in South Quay which is close to Canary Wharf and Dalston, Hackney.
15billionebp and Inspire are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Good communication skills with ability to communicate with others effectively in writing, via telephone and face-to-face
- Attention to detail
- Experience of ICT programmes to a good level of competence including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Good problem-solving skills and willingness to take initiative
- Keen interest in pursuing a career in finance and accountancy
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Motivated and keen to learn new skills
- Proactive in applying learnt knowledge to your work
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Organised and comfortable in a busy environment
- Team player, with a willingness to support colleagues
- Professional and calm persona
- Interest in working in a diverse education setting
Educated to A-Level or equivalent standard with at least 5 GCSE passes grade 5 – 9 (A* - B) including English and Maths and 2 A-Levels or their equivalent.
As an accountancy apprentice studying with First Intuition, you will attend courses and study towards the either a Level 3 or Level 4 apprenticeship from one of our training centres or using our online learning platform.
Level of apprenticeship will be confirmed once we have recruited the successful applicant because the decision is based upon their previous experience and qualifications.