What will the apprentice be doing?
To undertake training and gain experience/ qualifications in a variety of duties in departments across the industry e.g. poolside, fitness suite.
To initially learn and then assist in the supervision, control and safety of the public whilst using the facilities of the leisure centres.
- Work as a lifeguard on poolside (when qualified)
- Help to maintain the gym floor and assist members where necessary
- Welcome members and assist with any queries
- Assist with fitness classes (when qualified)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Leisure Team Member Standard
- L2 NPLQ
- L1 Swim Teacher
- L2 Fitness Instructor
- L3 First Aid at Work
- English and Maths Functional Skills (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion of the 18 month apprenticeship programme, the Company would expect to be able to offer continued employment and/or further career pathway opportunities, subject of course to the candidate meeting the required standards
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired