Daily duties involve:
- Performing daily equipment checks
- The preparation of Soils for Asbestos screening
- The analysis of Soils for Asbestos screening and quantification (Stages 1 & 2)
- Inputting of sample results
- Be part of a monthly internal quality system
- General housekeeping
- Apprenticeship desktop dependant study
As an Asbestos Apprentice Analyst, you will be joining a newly established Asbestos Soils lab, the right candidate will be part of an expanding team to meet future company goals and workloads. The team currently consists of two P401 analysts, an apprentice would be assisted and provided with comprehensive training materials and mentoring.
Upon satisfactory completion of:
- Internal training/mentoring
- External P401 course and exam
- Internal quality authorisation
- Satisfactory completion of the NVQ programme
The right candidate will have gained not only a nationally recognised qualification but one that is recognised globally (P401). The Asbestos analysis industry, especially Asbestos in soils is an ever-growing market that’s adapting to meet construction and redevelopment industries.
The right candidate must have a grounded interest and knowledge of science, with the willingness to learn Microscope theory and stages.
A valid colour blindness certificate from an optometrist. However, candidates which are colour blind will still be considered.
The right candidate will have the desired workplace skills:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail. (a must)
- Decision making – ability to recognise building external/internal material types (Desirable)
The right candidate will have these desired personal qualities:
- The ability to attain concentration for long periods of time. (a must)
- To be highly organised due to the nature of the analysis being undertaken and time restraints
- Confident with decision making and assigning a result to a sample
- A minimum of Grade C/4 GCSE or equivalent qualifications, English, maths. Also, a relevant science discipline (Physics/Chemistry).
- Must have a demonstrated interest in Science and working with Microscopes.
Level 3 Laboratory Technician Standard.
- NVQ Level 3 in Laboratory and Associated Technical Activities
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and/or maths if required