What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be assisting the team in delivering a number of projects which will be supporting the Portsmouth City Councils Capital Programme. This will include
- contributing to the production of feasibility studies,
- preparation of presentation material,
- planning and building control application documents and specification documents.
You will alongside part time release study be gaining experience and working knowledge in all aspects of the design and delivery process
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
On this degree apprenticeship, you'll:
- Study one day per week on-campus at the University of Portsmouth during term time
- Get a MArch degree while you earn a salary
- Put what you learn into practice in the workplace, preparing yourself for Part 3 studies in your final year
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successfully completing your apprenticeship there are excellent opportunities within PCC for progression into the role of an architect.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Presentation skills, Creative, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredOther Honours degree with RIBA Part 1 exemption (Grade Upper second class honours) Essential