At APS we produce high quality precision pressing for a number of sectors. We specialise in complex pressings and assemblies. We have a wide range of manufacturing equipment from a 600t 3 axis transfer press to Robot welders. We are a family business, with a strong technical team to ensure high quality standards and production outputs.
We are seeking to employ and train one apprentice.
You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing. The initial training will be broad based and could lead to a first appointment as a tool maker.
- Repairing Existing tools
- Process improvements
- Implementing Poke Yoke devices to processes
- Maintaining equipment, automation processes, gauges as well as tools.
- Designing new tools including tool buy off practices
Hours in year one whilst at Make UK: Mon - Thu 8am - 4.30pm Fri 8am - 12.30pm - 36.5 hours
Hours from Year 2 - Mon - Thu 6.45am - 4.30pm - 39 hours
Advanced tool maker / supervisor. Technical sales manager.
This can be a dusty, noisy and oily environment and will often involve doing very similar tasks daily.
An interest in manufacturing, with a clear aptitude to mechanics and problem solving.
- A positive outlook to problems
- Willing to work within a close team
3 GCSEs, or equivalent, at grade C / 4 or above to include maths and English language
This 4 year programme will include:
- Engineering Basic Skills training
- off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
- NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
- A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
- In house training in line with your requirements.