We are recruiting for an Apprentice Positive Intervention Officer in our Reengagement and Positive Intervention Team. As part of a dedicated team, you will perform the duties of a Positive Intervention Team member as outlined in the College’s Positive Intervention and Disciplinary Procedure. You will provide pastoral and safeguarding support to young people, whilst maintaining high levels of communication with the young person’s Personal Tutor and other relevant personnel, including external support professionals. As an apprentice you will undertake L4 Working with Children, Young People and Families Practitioner alongside this role.
- Communicate effectively across college on Positive Intervention matters and maintain Outlook calendar to support effective scheduling of PI referral appointments
- Prepare for and deliver activities as part of our PI WRaP programme to learners both 1:1 and in small groups
- Support specific aspects of PI such as drugs, alcohol, sexual health, bullying and crime (to be reviewed annually with College Managers and in line with legislation changes and updates)
- Ensure timely completion of administrative procedures and record keeping
- Conduct referral appointments as outlined in the College’s Positive Intervention and Disciplinary Procedure
- Make and implement forward referral decisions and inform all parties
- Participate in quality assurance processes
- Inform related policies, guidelines and College literature
- Contribute to team meetings and operational planning
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues
- Demonstrate commitment to your own personal and professional development including participation in the appraisal process
- Participate as required in the College Appraisal System.
- Ensure all work is undertaken in accordance with health and safety rules and policies
- Promote equal opportunities at all times
This College is committed to safeguarding, the protection and welfare of learners, including children and young people and meeting its requirements under the PREVENT strategy. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. Safeguarding covers, for instance, health and safety, equality and diversity and guarding against radicalisation and extremism.
All our staff, learners and services are expected to uphold and promote the fundamental principles of human rights and British values, including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect, and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
Perform all of the above duties in accordance with College policies, procedures and regulations on Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities, Quality Assurance, financial matters and Data Protection Act. The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description for the post. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to posts may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and would not of themselves justify the re-evaluation of a post. In case, however, where a permanent and substantial change in the duties and responsibilities of the post occurs, then the post would be eligible for re-evaluation.
Please note that you will be required to be in possession of an Enhanced DBS Certificate, or be willing to undertake an Enhanced DBS check as a condition of employment at the College.
Working in Educational services, positive intervention.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Level 2 or equivalent qualification in English and maths and a Level 3 qualification (any discipline).
- 37 hours a week work-based experience with the Positive Intervention Team
- You will be provided with supervision and support as required
- Participation in a formal training course, undertaking Level 4 apprenticeship qualifications “Working with Children, Young People and Families Practitioner”
- Regular progress reviews with line manager and Apprenticeship Workplace Coordinator
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required