Duties to include:
- After an initial practical training period you will be out in the business areas working alongside qualified engineers and personnel contributing to the Westinghouse mission to build a fleet of AP1000 nuclear power plants in the UK both fuelled and serviced by the organisation
- Duration of apprenticeship is 5 Years Learners joining us on the Degree Apprenticeship programme will complete Foundation Engineering Skills and work towards competencies in engineering work placements within a variety of our business units
- Degree Apprentices will participate in activities that complement our business targets and objectives working alongside qualified personnel
- The apprenticeship is open specifically to candidates who are wishing to pursue an engineering career in the nuclear industry
- Joining the business teams you will be based primarily at our Springfields site, business opportunities may require you to work at other sites in the UK
Applicants will be expected to be medically fit for the role, eligible to work in the UK and successfully achieve security clearance; Springfields is an equal opportunities employer.
Joining the business teams you will be based primarily at our Westinghouse Springfield’s site. Upon successful completion of your training, future opportunities may arise at Westinghouse Springfield’s site or other Westinghouse locations.
All applicants who are successful are required to pass a security check and medical examination.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Applicants should have an engineering aptitude and enjoy problem solving.
- Well presented
The entry requirements are at least 4 GCSE or equivalents at A*-C/9-4 grades including maths, English Language and a Science plus 3 GCE A-Levels or equivalents at A*-C/9-4 (achieved or predicted or equivalent) including, maths, or a Science/technology subject or a BTEC level 3 qualification in an engineering/technology subject with at least Distinction Merit grade (achieved or predicted) or equivalents.
Nuclear scientist and nuclear engineer Level 6
Initially , all apprentices are taught basic Engineering Craft skills on a 6 month foundation course before starting on 4 month specialised engineering training programme.
After initial training you will be based primarily at our Westinghouse Springfields site practicing skills and working towards competencies in technical engineering work placements within a variety of our business units. Degree Apprentices will participate in activities that complement our business targets and objectives working alongside qualified personnel.