Duties will include all aspects of horse care e.g.
- Mucking out
- Health care
- Grooming at competitions / riding
Joining an SCT Apprenticeship programme is a serious commitment. To achieve the qualification and be successful in your job you will need to be hard working, prepared to work outdoors in all weather and often at weekends, We do everything we can to help you achieve, but we also expect some things from you, to:-
- Always try your best
- Adhere to the Prevent Duty – promote British values: the rule of law, democracy and tolerance and mutual respect for others at all times, and keep yourself safe from extremism
- Be committed to improving your English and Maths skills and using them at work
- Complete the SCT Online Learning by the target dates
- Attend work and all off-the-job training sessions punctually and reliably
- Be polite, tidy, professional, organised and cheerful
- Keep your Skillscheck at work and updated - allow time every week for this
- Complete work set in your Action Plans by the target dates
- Follow instructions
- Work safely, including on the internet
- Always ask if you are not sure about anything
Please see the website for more information www.stubbingcourttraining.com
Progression to Advanced Apprenticeship
You will be working outside and often at weekends. Working with horses can be physically demanding so a level of fitness is required.
The hours of work will be agreed with the employer and the weekly pay will be in accordance with the hours worked. You may be asked to start early e.g. 7.00am or finish late e.g. 7.00pm and some weekend work being involved, but this will be agreed with the employer
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for Apprentices will be £4.30 per hour from 1 April 2021. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
World class training and online learning available for all apprentices.
International level yards in show jumping, eventing and dressage.
SCT works throughout the East Midlands and Yorkshire, with employers in riding schools, livery yards, competition yards up to international level.
Please apply through the Stubbing Court Training Ltd website www.stubbingcourttraining.com
It would be advantageous to have some previous experience with horses.
To achieve the qualification and be successful in your job you need to be hard working, reliable, punctual and able to work outdoors in all weathers and often at weekends.
No formal qualifications required.