Apprenticeship in Engineering Technical Support - Advanced (Level 3)
Labtec Services Ltd
TYNE NORTH TRAINING LIMITED
Labtec (Services) Ltd provides a comprehensive service in the design, manufacture, installation and commissioning of electrical control panels. A team of engineers experienced in the design and manufacture of control systems from small enclosures housing hard wired relay logic and DOL Contactors, up to multi-compartment 'Form 4' MCC's with control from multi-rack PLC's and sophisticated operator interface panels.
Labtec are looking for a technical apprentice who will rotate throughout the facility at Blyth, working within various assembly and technical environments. Once the apprentice has a basic understanding of the products, then the apprentice will move into a technical support role working with engineers on customer projects using up to date CAD and associated software
The apprentice will work within the technical facility. The role will allow the apprentice to learn and develop new skills within a range of technical, planning and project management. This position would ideally be suited to a bright individual with strong career aspirations. This apprenticeship is a technical opportunity using the latest CAD software. Experience in CAD is desirable.
Daily duties include:-
- Interpreting technical requirements
- Creating schematic CAD drawings
- Making CAD drawing revisions
- Specifying electrical components
As a Tyne North Training apprentice you will benefit from our unique funding packages. This apprenticeship will lead to a bespoke, unique skill. The qualifications and experience gained on this Apprenticeship will allow you to apply for further roles within this sector.
A candidate’s successful application will lead to an aptitude test and interview with Tyne North Training and the possibility of an interview with the prospective employer.
Candidate matching and submission of candidate details for this particular vacancy will not begin until the Covid19 guidelines are lifted and it is safe to begin the recruitment process.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Good timekeeping, the ability to take on board information in a variety of formats and able to communicate effectively with colleagues and team leaders.
- Motivated willingness to learn and have a positive attitude
- Have a proven interest in the working environment and want an apprenticeship
- The candidate must have at least 5 GCSEs at grade C (4) or above or equivalent including maths & English Language
- The ideal candidate must have a Level 2 in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) and be able to start with the employer as soon as possible given the current Covid19 situation
The successful candidate will work towards and complete the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Machining (Development Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.