What will the apprentice be doing?
Working in wood prep and assembly areas, the job would include:
- Selecting material
- Planing, sanding and moulding
- Cutting to size using various saws
- Mitring and other joint work using saws and routers
- Assembly using glue and semi automated clamps
- Sanding on various automatic, semi automatic and hand sanding machines
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship in Furniture Manufacturing, including NVQ and functional skills maths and English. Work based learning.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A great opportunity to develop your career with an employer who supports continuing professional development.
Reality CheckMonday - Friday 7:00-3:50pm / 35 mins lunch & 15 min morning break unpaid / 40 hours pw
Skills RequiredNumber skills, Logical, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredOther Basic Maths (Grade n/a) Desired
Other Standard English (Grade n/a) Desired