The role is within the firm’s Wills & Probate department. We are currently a department of 9, of which 7 are in a Probate team and 2 are in a Wills team.
The role is intended to primarily support the wills team in providing general business and administrative support to the will writers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Handle calls and enquiries
- Respond to pricing enquiries
- Document preparation
- Document storage and filing
- File management (electronic and physical)
- Calendar and appointment management
- Attending client appointments (if/when permitted and subject to it being Covid secure)
Career progression to become a trained/qualified will writer.
Ideally should live locally
Possible occasional travel to Shenfield office (travel expenses paid for)
Office/desk-based role and frequent PC use, but subject to the lifting of Covid restrictions there may be accompanied travel to people’s homes for the signing of documents (expenses paid for).
BS check required (we can arrange).
- Good communication skills
- Good written English skills
- General computer skills (typing, electronic file management, cataloguing)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Time management skills
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent timekeeping skills
- Willingness to learn
- Professional manner and able to provide good customer service
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to work a part of a team
Minimum 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English.
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)