We wish to train up an individual so that they meet the exacting standards of a qualified and ‘coded’ welder/fabricator.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Laser cut, bend, and weld metal
- Analise engineering drawings and specifications
- Assist with production and maintenance of equipment.
Please be aware that our factory is set in the beautiful Charnwood countryside, but there are few public transport services and applicants must be able to get to and from work with no problems.
If successful, the Apprentice would almost certainly be offered full-time permanent employment after training is complete.
There will be salary reviews as you progress on the course.
Would need to be able to travel independently to place of work and college.
As an apprentice you can apply for an NUS Apprentice extra card which can be used at hundreds of high street and online brands. https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk
- Good communication skills
- Good practical skills
- Positive attitude
- Keenness and commitment to learn and become a true craftsperson
- The ability to study through the course and attain the prescribed qualification
- Willingness to learn
- Inquisitive mind
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
If you do not already meet these criteria, we will ask you to sit initial assessments to indicate which level you are currently working at.
Level 2 Engineering Operative apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Block release to our Stephenson Campus, Coalville (Part of the SMB Group)
- On-the-job training
- Off-the-job training