Orphans Press has two offices in Rotherwas and Leominster with current flexibility of home working.
The ideal candidate will enjoy keeping up to date with the latest trends and technologies as well as using their knowledge and skills to support our clients and team members. This role supports the web and technical team in both customer projects and internal IT requirements.
- Supporting the development team across a wide range of IT and Web development areas
- Data entry and content management
- Meeting project deadlines
- General IT support and administration
On a daily basis, the successful applicant will be involved with supporting all departments in building a large and diverse selection of sites and applications as well as being first-line support for some client issues and queries. There will also be a requirement to provide first-line support so will need From high-turnover e-commerce sites to smaller brochure WordPress sites. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Web.
Opportunity to progress onto a higher level qualification and/or permanent role for the right individual
Do you have a passion for a career in Web development? What coding/programming languages are you familiar with?
- Strong interpersonal, communication & timekeeping skills
- Some experience with WordPress
- A passion for web development and increasing your skills and knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to help others
- Can do attitude
- Self Starter
- Minimum of 4 X GCSE’S or equivalent grade A-C/9-4 INCLUDING English and maths
Software Developer Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard:
- The successful candidate will undertake a two year nationally recognised qualification through TDM
- This is a work-based learning programme which will require commitment to block weeks in a training room once every quarter working towards the qualification along with weekly off the job training and monthly coaching sessions
- You will be required to demonstrate through the standard that you meet all competencies and behaviours which will lead to the achievement of the qualification. These block weeks will take place at either of our training centres, in Birmingham or Worcester, whichever is more suitable for your location
- You will have a designated mentor in the workplace to support your learning and at the end of programme will be assessed via an external assessment body
The modules will include:
- KM1 Software Developer Methodologies
- KM2 Software Languages
- MTA HTML5