What will the apprentice be doing?
Whilst working towards the level 2 supply chain warehouse operative apprenticeship standard, you will be trained to undertake the following duties:
- Receiving and unloading deliveries
- Health and safety
- Stock checking
- Stock rotation
- Stock management
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will work towards a level 2 supply chain warehouse operative apprenticeship standard. This standard will cover areas such as:
- Keeping the warehouse clean/tidy
- Receiving goods
- Assembling orders
- Placing goods into storage
- Operating forklifts and other plant equipment (with suitable and sufficient training)
- Moving/handling goods
- Loading/unloading vehicles
- Maintaining quality/quantity of stock
- Ordering materials
- Customer service
Functional skills in English and maths will be taught if you do not have a C/4 or above at GCSE level or the equivalent.
- Training from fully qualified Didac staff at your place of work, where your trainer will visit you face to face once per calendar month, with help and guidance available in-between visits. Onsite learning with the employer will also be provided.
- Ensure you are working to current legal and good practice requirement
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
At Howdens there are great opportunities to progress into one of many key Depot roles, including sales and management.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grade C/4 or higher) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade C/4 or higher) Desired