At Charles Tyrwhitt our purpose is to “Make it easy for men to dress well”. The primary purpose of the Warehouse Operative is to ensure the safe and efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of goods and products to feed business operations and customer demand. This role will require a flexible approach to work as there is a need for early morning starts and late finishes. Presently the role is Monday to Friday.
- Ensure that all lifting and manoeuvring of product is carried out in accordance with manual handling procedures
- Operate in a safe manner complying with all health, safety and environmental requirements to ensure own and safety of others
- Keep areas of work clean and tidy to ensure operational efficiency
- Achievement focused
- Unloading containers and checking deliveries against the delivery paperwork
- To carry out other duties as required within the department or warehouse
At Charles Tyrwhitt you will be working towards a Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
Ongoing Training and Learning.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on and proactive with a positive “can do attitude”
- Team player with a positive effect on the mood
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to workload
- Customer focused
- Disciplined approach to work including the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Actively promoting and engaging with new ways of working and warehouse processes
- Is self-aware, resilient, optimistic and open to change
- Keen eye for Health & Safety, reporting all relevant incidents and potential issues
No qualifications required!
- Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship Standard L2
- Functional Skills in English and maths