The warehouse team currently consists of 5 members of staff; a supervisor, 2 warehouse operatives and 2 drivers, all working under supervision of the transport manager.
An Apprentice can expect to start by shadowing other staff members to get an insight of the facilities, different types of work carried out and also procedures that are following for every type of task. During this time, they will be set simple tasks to complete under supervision, which will gradually increase in difficulty over time until fully competent in all work. Additional training will be given such as MEWP and forklift truck competence training.
Progression is possible.
- Progression into full time employment
THE COMPANY MAY WISH TO INTERVIEW APPLICANTS BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE, RESULTING IN THE VACANCY BEING FILLED BEFORE THE GIVEN DATE
- Practical ability
- Team work
Ideally we are looking for candidates that;
- Are enthusiastic to learn and implement procedural work to an excellent level
- Are able to work as part of a team, as well as being confident enough to work under their own initiative
- Have strong decision making skills, along with written and verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent timekeeping
- Driving license is advantageous but no essential
- No formal qualifications required
- Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship in Warehouse & Logistics, work based learning alongside functional skills maths & English