We are growing and with a 5-year ambitious plan this growth will continue. We are looking for a Warehouse Operative to join our busy distribution team, who are responsible for the intake, picking and packing of our products ready for dispatch to our customers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manually picking and packing orders for UK and International partners accurately, efficiently and to a high standard
- Weigh and measure consignments in line with outside carriers’ requirements
- Identifying any errors or discrepancies and correcting prior to dispatch or raise to the warehouse team leader
- Conduct daily workplace inspections
- Conduct daily forklift safety checks
- Carry out perpetual stock counts when required
- Assist with stock and packaging replenishments
- Support in the stock rotation of multiple lines
- Comply with all H&S processes and procedures
- Ensure all workspaces are clean and tidy and adopt a “clean as you go” policy
Possible progression onto full-time employment upon completion of this apprenticeship.
The company may wish to interview applicants before the closing date, resulting in the vacancy being filled before the given date.
- Good communication skills
- Good practical skills
- Forklift truck licence is essential
- Experience of working in a fast-paced warehouse environment
- IT skills - knowledge of Microsoft Office packages e.g. Excel/Word are desirable but not essential
- Attention to detail
- Works well as part of a team
No formal qualifications required.
Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Work-based learning