Learning every aspect of the smooth running of our busy warehouse, from producing order pick list to final despatch of goods. Supporting and assisting with stock control of client product. Active involvement with continuous improvement projects. Take responsibility for ensuring the workplace environment is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Produce and work from picking lists, to fulfil, pack and despatch client orders
- Processing of orders ensuring that client instructions are fully implemented
- Ensure all orders are fulfilled within specified time frames
- Work in close liaison with Customer Services, Sales and externally with customers and transport organisations
- Ensure the Warehouse is always kept clean and tidy, with empty boxes flattened and stored in the correct location of the Warehouse
- Potential risks, problems or product defects to be reported immediately to the Assistant Warehouse Manager or Warehouse Manager
- Be pro-active in reporting to your Line Manager when stationary and packaging materials are running in short supply
- To carry out all activities in a manner that promotes safety to yourself and your colleagues
- Participate actively in continuous process improvement projects, seek ways to develop and maximise customer service levels
- Ensure all business and individual key performance indicators are met
- Contribute actively to achieving departmental service level and targets
- Undertake the Warehousing Apprenticeship and complete the qualification within 15 months
We have an excellent track record of promoting from within to ensure we retain the best people with the knowledge and drive to deliver fantastic services in ecommerce fulfilment. Apprentices have gone on to progress into operational management, or other departments such as IT or Customer Services within the business.
Vacancies are subject to close at any time subject to volume of applications.
- Sound IT skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Hard working
- Willingness to learn
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Demonstrates a responsible attitude towards Health and Safety
Minimum of GCSE maths and English A*-C/9-4 grades, or equivalent.
Intermediate Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Standard.
The apprenticeship programme design will be built around the standard and individual apprentice and employer needs.
This will consist of:
- A fully embedded induction programme delivered by the employer and Seetec Outsource Training and Skills
- An initial assessment of your skills, knowledge and behaviours in order to develop and enhance your career and personal progression
- In line with the with functional skills requirements set by the standard, (where applicable), we will analyse and continuously develop English and mathematics
- On the job training delivered by the employer
Allocation of an apprenticeship delivery coach who will carry out:
- Regular training
- Assessment and support visits to ensure you acquire new learning, knowledge skills and behaviours in order to progress and develop
- Identify, track and support 20% off the job training activities
- Quarterly formal progress review meetings; identifying learning achievements and next steps
- Individual learning plan - this will be used as part of a professional discussion during your reflective progress review meeting and track the 20% off the job training progress
- A journey of learning activities over the length of the apprenticeship programme
- Access to on-line learning and an e-portfolio where you will be able to gather evidence to demonstrate your performance ensuring your apprenticeship - this evidence can be used to towards your end point assessment
End point assessment - this takes place at the end of the apprenticeship to ensure you have developed the skills, knowledge and behaviours needed for the job role. This may consist of at least 3-4 of the below activities:
- Professional discussion
- Portfolio of evidence, apprentice showcase
- Research project
- Multi-choice knowledge test
- Work based project
- Competency based interview