Apprentice Vehicle Technician - Motorline Toyota - Bristol North
Toyota World Ltd
If you have an interest in motor vehicle technology, this is your opportunity to start your career. If successful, you will be employed at the Toyota dealership listed above.
As an Apprentice, you will work alongside an experienced Technician, maintaining and repairing customer’s vehicles, reporting to the Centre Manager.
The job will involve the service, diagnosis and repair of a wide variety of Toyota vehicles to very high industry standards.
Duties will include:
- Carrying out foundation tasks common to all service and repair procedures, such as, removing and replacing bolts, screws, clips, seals and fasteners, sometimes using cutting, drilling, filing and other fabrication skills
- Contributing to a safe and efficient workshop environment, by adhering to the company’s Health and Safety processes, accurate record keeping, and following standardised workshop practices
- Accessing information such as wiring diagrams, technical data, and vehicle repair information, then applying the information appropriately
- Using complex diagnostic, mechanical, and, electrical measuring equipment
- Inspecting and preparing vehicles to quality standards prior to handing over to customers
- Service and maintain without supervision
- Removing, repairing/replacing components to the manufacturer’s specification
- Investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
- Apply advanced diagnostic principles, and logical problem-solving techniques, using diagnostic tools, and standard testing regimes, to identify mechanical and electrical faults
Once qualified, the right candidate can progress within the company.
- As a Vehicle Technician, you will have a number of transferable skills
- Customer satisfaction, and meeting targets is highly rewarding, and gives great job satisfaction
- This is a physically demanding role, being active most of the time
- You may be expected to work Saturday’s on a rota basis
- The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year
You should be;
- Technically minded
- Able to think logically
- A good listener
You should be:
- Able to follow instructions
- Willing to study
- A team player
- Able to work in a busy, fast moving environment
- Ideally, you will have, or be predicted to gain, good GCSE’s (or equivalent) in English and maths, although these are not essential
- However, you must be literate and numerate
- The Apprenticeship is a great way of joining our winning team. With mentoring, support and monitoring whilst at work, combined with 24 weeks of residential training (over 3 years) at the Toyota/Lexus Academy. You will gain the knowledge and skills required to achieve the qualification from working with some highly skilled professionals
- While taking part in the residential training, Apprentices stay at the Mercure Hotel near Burton, a town full of history
- All travel, and, accommodation costs are covered by the employer, whilst attending the Training Centre
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.