While working for Norman Motors you will be working as a Level 3 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Technician and undertake your apprenticeship training with Paragon Skills. You will be continuously developing your knowledge and skills while learning all aspects of vehicle maintenance and repair.
Your apprenticeship training will be split between a combination of workplace and academy learning on block release. Every 6 weeks you will attend Paragon Skills Automotive Academy for a week where you will work towards completing your apprenticeship modules and demonstrate your practical abilities and competencies in our multi-functioning workshops.
As a Light Vehicle Apprentice, your day to day duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting other technicians with vehicle maintenance, repairs and servicing
- Assisting with keeping the workshop clean and tidy
- Shadowing workplace mentor for a variety of tasks
- Develop and build hand skills
- Learning to maintain and repair customers vehicles
- Speaking with customers to ensure they are aware of work being carried out on their vehicle
- Take bookings, payments and other basic office administration, as required
There may be opportunities for further training and development upon completion of the apprenticeship.
The hourly rate for this apprenticeship may vary depending on experience of the successful candidate.
The working hours may also vary depending on the age of the successful candidate. The opening hours of the garage is Monday to Friday 0830-1730.
- Good communication skills
- Good English skills, both written and verbal
- Good knowledge of cars
- Dedicated and committed to own learning and development
- A driving license is preferred but not essential
- Passion for the auto sector
You will require a minimum of GCSE or equivalent Grade 2/3 (D/E) in both English and maths to be accepted onto the programme. You will be fully supported through the programme to complete your functional skills exams.
Training ProvidedParagon Skills have a well-developed automotive academy in both light vehicle and heavy vehicle with a multi-functioning workshop to undertake servicing, repairs and diagnostics. We deliver high quality training programmes to learners across the South Coast by our experienced industry lead personal tutors. Your training will be a split combination between classroom and workshop work in our head academy in Bournemouth, Dorset and work-based learning with your employer.
Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and holds an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.