Apprentice Vehicle Re-Finisher
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
As part of your apprenticeship, you will be required to attend Training 2000 at their automotive centre based in Blackburn. This comprises of you completing a technical certificate (VRQ L2) over a period of two years and is awarded by The Institute of the Motor Industry.
As an Apprentice Vehicle Re-finisher working at Claridges Ltd, your learning will include:
- Preparation of vehicles - stripping, sanding and masking
- Paint application techniques including spray booth technology
- Setting oven temperature, air pressure and time
- Roller and paint spraying priming
- Completing relevant documentation
This role requires keen individuals who will learn how to set up paint spraying equipment, mix materials correctly to the right colour and consistency. You will need to have good attention to details and colour and enjoy working with their hands to be a successful paint sprayer.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship the successful applicant will become a fully qualified and skilled paint refinisher with the potential to progress onto the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good attention to detail
- Hands on approach to work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to think outside the box, curious and innovative
- Must possess an interest in the automotive industry
- Motivated and committed individual
- Good time keeping
- Strong work ethic
Minimum of 4 GCSEs grade 3 (D) or above including English, Maths and a science related subject is desirable. Other equivalent qualifications are acceptable.
- VCQ Level 2 in Vehicle Body and Paint
- VRQ Technical Certificate, Level 2 Vehicle Body and Paint
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Key Skills/Functional Skills (if needed):
- Level 1-ICT
- Level 2-Application of Number and Communication
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.