Apprentice Vehicle Panel (Body Repair) Technician - Advanced (Level 3)
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
We are working with the largest and most recommended independent vehicle repair group in the South, who have repeatedly impressed and set industry standards with unparalleled service excellence throughout their 33-year history. We are recruiting on behalf of Apollo Motor Group for an Apprentice Vehicle Panel Technician to start their career in Summer 2020.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with state-of-the-art workshops, the latest repair technology and the highest levels of customer service. You will receive exceptional training from their team of fully qualified Senior Technicians in the latest techniques for restoring vehicles to a pristine condition.
These techniques include:
- Stripping of vehicles for repair as per job card
- Panel removal, repair and refit
- Reporting any extra parts needed to Workshop Controller/Estimator
- Complete quality control check sheet
- Check the correct repair method is being used
- Demonstrating Chassis alignment techniques
- Set up welding equipment correctly as per repair methods
- Use of extraction at all times and the correct fillers
- Correctly fitting vehicles after repair
- Checking locks, lights, electrics as per quality control
On completion of the Level 3 qualification, you will be fully qualified as a Vehicle Panel Technician in which you could receive an average OTE salary between £35,000 to £50,000 a year.
You may be called by us, Remit Group, who will discuss you through the recruitment process and guide you through the recruitment process. This call may come from a Nottingham (0115) number.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Strong communication skills
- Well organised
- Ability to work in a fast-paced working environment
- A keen interest and passion for motor vehicle
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Using initiative
- High level of attention to detail
Minimum grade requirements are at least 4 GCSE’s at Level 4/C (or equivalent) including English and Maths, with ICT an advantage but not essential.
This is a Vehicle Panel Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme, which equals 4 weeks per year. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Vehicle Damage Panel Technician Level 3
- Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.