What will the apprentice be doing?
A normal day would include:
- Keeping the workshop clean & tidy
- You will be taught how to use tools & equipment used in the workshop
- You will learn safe working procedures in the workshop
- You will assist other operatives with their work whilst receiving on the job training
- You will learn about preparing materials for painting
- You will learn how to repair minor paint defects
- You will learn how to apply fillers and foundation materials
- You will learn how to mix and match colours, blend and apply topcoats
Due to the nature of the work - driving vehicles around - all applicants must have a full driving license.
What you could go on to do:
Possible progression within the company
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by our expert tutors and assessment staff at The Growth Company. You will also be assigned a mentor in the workplace who will pass on their skills and knowledge to you.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
- More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
- Any training you need to complete
- What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full apprenticeship training provided, working towards an Advanced Level Apprenticeship gaining a Level 3 qualification as vehicle damage paint technician.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible progression within the company and progression onto the next level apprenticeship.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Team working, Good problem-solving skills, Punctuality, Reliability, Honesty, A disciplined attitude, Interest in automotive trade
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential