Apprentice Vehicle Paint Refinisher Technician - Advanced (Level 3)
Apollo Motor Group
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
We are working with the largest and most recommended independent vehicle repair group in the South, who have repeatedly impressed and set industry standards with unparalleled service excellence throughout their 33-year history. We are recruiting on behalf of Apollo Motor Group for an Apprentice Vehicle Paint Re-finisher Technician to start their career in Summer 2020.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with state-of-the-art workshops, the latest repair technology and the highest levels of customer service. You will receive exceptional training from their team of fully qualified Senior Technicians in the latest techniques for restoring vehicles to a pristine condition.
These techniques include:
- Preparation of vehicles – stripping, sanding and masking
- Paint application techniques including spray booth technology
- Checking correct paint colour and use of spray out card for all colours
- Setting the oven temperature, air pressure and time
- Roller and paint spraying priming
- Completing quality control check sheet
- Ordering paint for parts when needed
- Liaising with other departments
- Report any problems to Workshop Controller
You will naturally progress onto to your Level 3 apprenticeship. On completion of the Level 3 qualification, you will be fully qualified as a Vehicle Paint Refinisher in which you could receive an average OTE salary between £35,000 to £50,000 a year.
You may be called by us, Remit Group, who will discuss you through the recruitment process and guide you through the recruitment process. This call may come from a Nottingham (0115) number.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Strong communication skills
- Well organised
- Ability to work in a fast-paced working environment
- A keen interest and passion for motor vehicle
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Using initiative
Minimum grade requirements are at least 4 GCSE’s at Level 4/C (or equivalent) including English and maths, with ICT an advantage but not essential.
This is a Vehicle Paint Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered on a block release basis at the Remit Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the 36-month duration of the course. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will achieve the following:
- Level 3 Vehicle Damage Paint Technician
- Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.