Apprentice Vehicle Mechanic Level 3 - Advanced (Level 3)
TRAINING AND APPRENTRAINING AND APPRENTICESHIPS IN CONSTRUCTION LIMITED
The candidate will have a natural interest and enthusiasm for cars. They will need to be able to work under pressure and to tight timescales. They will also need to be able to work as part of a team and be prepared to work hard, having confidence, but at the same time know when to ask questions if unsure. Someone prepared to work in all weather.
- Fault Diagnosis on cars and light commercial vehicles using computer equipment and through a process of elimination
- Removal and replacement of a range of vehicle parts
- Assisting the other members of the team with more complex tasks
- Supporting the delivery of MOT Tests
The candidate must have already had some experience of the trade to work alongside existing staff
The apprentice will gain the skills they require to work in the motor trade.
Own Transport or the ability to get to the location.
- Hard working, punctual and able to work well under pressure
- They must be confident but able to ask if unsure rather than make mistakes
- Must be willing to work in all weather
- Confidence and ability to be a team player
- Level 2 Motor Vehicle Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent
- GCSE or equivalent maths and English or functional skills in maths and English is desirable
Training to be provided
The technician will work on all the systems found within the vehicle. The day-to-day work ranges from replacing simple parts through to solving complex faults with the use of diagnostic methods and equipment. The tasks faced are constantly changing, driven by the introduction of ever more complex technologies and diagnostic techniques.
- Level 3 Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.