Carry a variety of cutting techniques using ancillary equipment
- Pattern matching
- Lay cutting
- Leather cutting
- Fabric cutting
- Optimising fabric to meet specification
- Upholstery Fabric and leather in the production of various home furniture
- Use of compressed air tools and follow Health and Safety guidelines
To continue onto full-time employment upon completion.
The company may wish to interview applicants before the closing date, resulting in the vacancy being filled before the given date.
Please also consider how you plan on travelling to the company on a daily basis; easy transport route available, within a reasonable time and distance from home address remember you'll be making this journey twice a day.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good practical skills
- Good communication skills
- Keen and willing to learn
- Team player
- A good knowledge of Health & Safety
No formal qualifications required.
Level 2 Furniture Manufacturer apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Work-based learning