Duties will include:
- The establishment and maintenance of plants and cultivated areas
- Clearing and preparing areas
- Watering and caring for existing plants
- Tree maintenance and up keep
- Hard landscaping will include the establishment of hard surfaces and structures in addition to the establishment of plants in cultivated area
- Working as a team member and complying with health and safety requirements
- Grass cutting and strimming and keeping the site tidy
Excellent prospects for the right person leading to head gardenership.
This job is based outside.
- Good communication skills and problem solving
- Good time keeping
- Must be happy to work outdoors in a diverse environment
- Be happy to be around dogs and be physically fit
- Be able to work in a team
- Keen interest in horticulture and arboriculture
- Keen and willing to learn
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability.
Ideally, applicants should have:
- At least 4 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and maths at grades 9-4/A*-C for a level 3 apprenticeship and 9-3/A*-D for a level 2
- Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship
All applicants, regardless of entry requirements, will be emailed an Initial Assessment to complete as part of the recruitment procedure. This is an online assessment in English and maths and can be completed at your preferred location remotely. Currently, due to COVID19 we are not offering Initial Assessment appointments at either campus. Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, will be offered further advice and guidance to support their application if required.
- Horticulture/Landscape Operative level 2 standard
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Safe use of pesticides
- Soft landscaping includes the establishment and maintenance of plants and cultivated areas
- Hard landscaping includes establishment of hard surfaces and structures in addition to the establishment of plants in cultivated area