Duties will include:
- Performing basic service tasks & developing skills in removal and reconditioning of components
- Progressing to perform more complex service & repair tasks, both at the dealership and out in the field
- Assisting qualified Technicians as needed
- Reporting weekly to a mentor or Service Manager regarding ongoing activities and progression
- Maintaining the condition of inventory, tools and equipment
- Following all safety rules and regulations
- You will learn to use the very latest John Deere equipment, working at the cutting edge of technology
As a fully qualified John Deere Turf Technician, you will have access to further development opportunities within the company, extending your skills with additional training in areas such as compressed gas handling, welding, and, abrasive wheels, as well as going on to achieve LTA levels 3 and 4 (Master Technician) qualifications.
The John Deere dealer of tomorrow holds a wide range of opportunities and exciting prospects for the right people. This is a physically demanding role. and you may be required to work unsociable hours during busy periods.
You should be:
- Technically minded
You should be:
- A good listener
- A team player
- Willing to work and study hard
Ideally you will have, or be predicted good GCSEs in English, maths and science (or equivalent qualifications) although these are not essential. You must however be literate and numerate.
When successful you will be awarded:
- Land-Based Service Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and maths, if required