GLOUCESTERSHIRE ENGINEERING TRAINING LIMITED
As an Apprentice Toolmaker, you will learn to repair, modify and manufacturing Press / Stamping Die Tools to enable the production processes to be as efficient as possible.
You will be involved in highly skilled, complex and specialist detailed work and will gain the correct skills required to be a successful Toolmaking Engineer.
A Toolmaker is involved with a broad range of activities, including
- The interpretation of Engineering drawings & technical instructions
- The use of hand tools
- The use of various engineering machines and automated Computer Numerically Controlled machines
- The use of different types of measuring equipment
Possible opportunity to progress to a HNC qualification upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme.
All of our Engineering Apprentices make a valuable contribution to the business. After spending the first year at college, you will return to the business and will learn on the job working on live projects. This is what differentiates us from other organisations. We will also require you to work rotational shifts, either at the age of 18 or upon your return back to G-TEM, whichever occurs first.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Problem solving orientation, identifies issues quickly, enjoys solving problems and applies appropriate solutions
- Clear communicator, able to communicate information accurately and in a timely, positive manner
- Logical approach, able to structure a plan and develop activities following a logical thought process
- Teamwork, not only be able to play own part but be able to work and communicate clearly and effectively with a team and interacts / helps as required
- Self-motivated, a self-starter who always wants to do their best, sets themselves challenging targets, can make own decisions
- Positive, flexible attitude to work and the work environment
Five GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade C (9-4) or above, which must include maths, English and a Science subject, together with a real interest in technical matters.
G-TEM are very proud to be working with Gloucestershire Engineering Training as our apprentice training provider of choice for our apprenticeship development programmes.
Providing engineering companies across the county with the highest quality training in mechanical and electrical engineering, GET lead the way in quality of delivery, structure and disciplined learning, with a network of support for learners and employers that is second to none within the county.
During your apprenticeship you will complete:
- NVQ Level 3
- Technical Certificate
- Functional skills in maths, English and ICT (If applicable)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.