“If you have get-up-and-go and can-do spirit, we’ll provide the skills and knowledge.”
Can you help us to be the best? We are looking for an Apprentice Hire Negotiator to join our Tool Hire Central Team in Northampton. Be part of a fantastic, friendly team, set sky-high standards for customer service Drive great results for a key part of the business.
What you’ll do:
- Joining our family as a Apprentice Hire Negotiator in our busy Tool Hire Contact Centre, you’ll help our customers find the tools and plant equipment they need and arrange a hiring contract
- Ranging from anything from a digger to a lifting platform, your task is to source the equipment and ensure it is where our customers want it, when they want it
- Brilliant with people, you’ll give great service to our customers and colleagues who like to deal direct with us at our Tool Hire Contact centre
- Either way you’ll use your excellent organisational skills and can-do attitude to ensure we do not disappoint
Is this you?
Great at quickly building rapport, you’ll use this to your advantage to negotiate on price with suppliers and customers alike, as well as to optimise each and every sales opportunity.
We’re looking for the kind of person who is:
- A natural people person – great with customers, colleagues and suppliers
- Fantastically well organised and able to juggle competing priorities
- Great at negotiating
- Willing to quickly learn about new products and systems
Limited knowledge of Tools & Plant Equipment? Don’t let this put you off, we offer a great induction programme and on the job coaching so you’ll develop this in no time! We will also put you through a Level 4 apprenticeship in Winning Sales!
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be supported by some of the best training & development in the industry. Our impressive internal succession programme means, whatever it is you do with us, it will be easy for you to learn, grow and develop across the Travis Perkins Group.
We’ll also equip you with a benefits package that grows as you grow with the company:
- Competitive performance related bonus
- Save-as-you-earn scheme
- Buy-as-you-earn scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Colleague discount across a variety of Group businesses including: 20% off at Wickes and 30% off at Tile Giant, plus special discounts across our Trade Merchanting businesses
A bit about us
As the largest distributor of building materials in the UK, Travis Perkins has been helping to build Britain for over 200 years.
With over 26 businesses, 28,000 colleagues and more than 2,000 branches, stores and sites around the UK we believe we have the best people and the best place to work. Everyone works hard together to deliver results, but most importantly, have some fun along the way!
A large number of our current Senior Managers within the business developed themselves through our apprenticeship programmes. If you have the right attitude, and the desire to succeed then the opportunities for you within our business truly are endless.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication
- Customer service
- Keen to develop
- Sales Executive Standard Level 4
- Functional skills if required
Right from the start of your career with us, you’ll be supported in your development. You’ll join our Work Winning Sales Programme, a 12 month Apprenticeship that will give you tools to be successful in your role. Over your apprenticeship, you’ll explore our work winning sales strategy, you'll learn to effectively negotiate with our customers and you'll become an expert in the products we sell and the services we provide.
Through 1:1 coaching and mentoring, you’ve got a fantastic support network that will support you, not only through the apprenticeship programme, but your day to day development.
Over the year, you will build the foundations for your future career by attending online knowledge and skills workshops that are led by our highly skilled training team, as well as our business experts. On top of all of this, you will also be gaining a nationally recognised qualification. With apprenticeships covering 90% of our roles, there’s also multiple development opportunities to fast track your career within our Group.