What will the apprentice be doing?
The role majors around small scale manufacture of mechanical and electronic assemblies, preparing them for test and carrying out testing according to work instructions and guidance from engineers and experienced technicians. Duties will comprise:
· Soldering of SMT and leaded devices
· Following wiring diagrams and crimping/soldering parts accordingly
· Use of electronic test equipment including oscilloscopes, DVMs etc
· Following circuit diagrams and pcb layouts
· Use of basic IT such as Word and Excel
· Testing components and systems to a test plan and logging of results
· Carrying out basic mechanical fabrication and/or modifications A full training programme will be undertaken on all areas.
There will be scope to include mechanical and electronic design.
* By submitting this application you are consenting to Fareham College retaining this and any future information you provide us with, and you are consenting to us sharing your data with relevant employers and agencies, in order to support your apprenticeship search. For details of Fareham Colleges data protection and data processes please visit www.fareham.ac.uk/data-protection-policy *
*We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and successful appointment to this role will depend on the results of relevant checks*
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Qualification/s to be obtained: Engineering Fitter Level 3 with the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering.
· The training will be delivered by Business Plus at Fareham College, an Ofsted Outstanding College. Your training will be delivered Day Release, and you will attend Fareham College. The schedule of this day release is to be confirmed.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On completion of the apprenticeship, the candidate will progress into a full technician role with further pathways available into engineering and design.
Skills RequiredIT skills, Attention to detail, Logical, Team working, Basic Electronic Skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Design (Grade C/4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C/4) Desired