Modern Engineering Apprenticeship (Electrification and Propulsion).
To participate in and complete a four-year modern apprenticeship. To attend college to complete relevant academic studies. The training received will help you develop skills in typical engineering practices with a particular focus on materials and manufacturing research.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To complete an agreed Level 4 training programme over the four years of the apprenticeship provided by Warwickshire College Group, encompassing Higher National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering (Theory), 6x Foundation Competencies (Manual, Physical Skills), End Point Assessment (Portfolio & Evidence), Professional Engineering Institution Recognition
- To undergo training in the various disciplines of engineering as found throughout WMG – including enrolling onto WMG’s Technical Apprenticeship Placement Programme. The placement programme will cover a wide variety of specialities such as, Advanced Machining, Additive Manufacturing, Metrology, Mechanical Testing, Automation, electronics, battery manufacturing, battery abuse and battery recycling, laser processing/welding, fabrication, and general safe workshop practice
- To attend Warwickshire College Group to conduct all required practical and theoretical studies
- To understand WMG and the University of Warwick’s health and safety policy and comply with current legislation, acting immediately on hazards, near misses and unsafe practices in conjunction with other staff
- To participate in the probationary process, annual review and work to achieve agreed objectives
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Technical Services Staff in accordance with grade and nature of job
Career in engineering.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Logical approach to solving problems
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A minimum of 5 GCSE (or equivalent) at grade 4/C or above, including maths, English, Science and preferably Design & Technology (a)
Propulsion Technician higher standard:
- Candidates will be considered with or without a Level 3 BTEC in Electrical Engineering
- Candidates without Level 3 qualification will also take Level 3 BTEC within 4 year apprenticeship period
- All apprentices will complete Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) by end of 4 years
During time on site, apprentices will take part in a placement programme, giving them exposure and experience to all areas of WMG’s Manufacturing/Mechanical R&D activities, while also developing knowledge around the importance of health and safety.