Apprentice Technician (Civil Engineering Degree Apprenticeship) - Degree (Level 6)
INGENT CONSULTING ENGINEERS LIMITED
Anglia Ruskin University
You will be working with our young and focussed teams and as an assistant to the civil engineers your position might involve:
- Producing drawings for infrastructure projects
- Managing the drawings and data that come into the projects and also helping to issue out the information required to allow the progression and construction of schemes
- Visiting sites with engineers and assisting with site surveys and investigations
- Learning to design three dimensional models of infrastructure
- Learning to design drainage to meet the requirements of sustainable drainage and flood risk
- Designing new roads to current standards and producing three-dimensional information and details to enable their construction
- Each year we will review your performance in work and assess your salary and workload, so that you are supported to grow with us and to ensure your wages and responsibility continue to develop along with your skills
- Following successful completion of an Apprenticeship a permanent role will be available within Ingent with an opportunity to work towards achieving Project Engineer status
- Interest in civil engineering
- Computer literate
- Team player
- Organised and methodical
- Basic understanding of AutoCAD although not essential
- Understanding of Microsoft Office
- Happy to work as part of a team but also alone
- Approachable and friendly
- Motivated and keen to learn
- UCAS Tariff: 96 points
- BTEC National Certificate/Diploma attracting at least 96 UCAS points.
- 3 x C grades, in at least two subjects at GCE/VCE A Level or VCE double award equivalent plus
- GCSEs in at least four subjects grade C/4 or above including English and maths. We ask for GCSE maths at grade B/5 and above.
Civil Engineer Degree Apprenticeship Standard:
- You will work alongside experienced staff for 4 days a week and have 1 day a week for Study. At the end of your 4 years, if successful, the combination of a Civil Engineering Degree, Incorporated Engineer status and 4 years of working experience will provide you with an excellent start to a lifetime career in civil engineering.
- The Degree Apprenticeship is a full time contract role for four years during which you combine studying for a BSc(Hons) Civil Engineering degree with progression toward the status of Incorporated Engineer (IEng) – a highly valued career qualification accredited with the Institution of Civil Engineers and other professional civil engineering bodies
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.