What will the apprentice be doing?
- Attend college on a weekly basis and endeavour to complete within the agreed timescale.
- Listen to and learn from Senior Technicians, Quality Engineers and senior members of staff.
- Question any aspect of the assembly process where there is any doubt with a senior member of Operations.
System Assembly & Test;
- Supervised assembly and test of IPCs, Servers and Card Assemblies to the highest quality standard.
- Ensure all specific Captec and Customer requirements are identified and implemented.
- All ESD controls to be followed at all times.
- Follow Work Instructions accurately and ask questions if unsure.
- Challenge all aspects of assembly ensuring there is no element of doubt.
- All system builds to be thoroughly tested and reports created accordingly.
- Create or modify existing cable assemblies using the crimping methods and tools shown.
- Undertake soldering using various materials.
- A period during the apprenticeship will be used to enable the gaining of knowledge for Captec stock
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Qualification/s to be obtained: Engineering Operative Level 2, Level 2 Diploma in engineering operations (skills) and a Level 2 Certificate or Diploma in engineering operations (knowledge)
Delivery method: The training will be delivered by Business Plus at Fareham College, an Ofsted Outstanding College. Your training will be delivered Day Release, and you will attend Fareham College. The schedule of this day release is to be confirmed.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This vacancy is intended to be a permanent position. There is a skills matrix to enable promotions within Production.
Reality CheckClean and tidy working environment. Captec uniform and toolbox will be provided. Individual locker will be provided. Canteen with access to fridges, toasters and microwaves. Free tea, coffee, sugar and milk supplied. Pool table and dart board for use on breaks. Access to food, drink and snack vending machine.
Skills RequiredIT skills, Dexterity, Use of hand tools
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade D/3) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade D/3) Essential
GCSE or equivalent IT (Grade C/4) Desired