Principle accountabilities are:
- Proactive infrastructure monitoring and backup supervision across all customer estates
- Proactive maintenance of all Public, Hybrid and Private Cloud Client solutions, across all customer estates, post-implementation
- Update Software Image builds in line with customer solutions and ensure patching is up to date on new builds.
- Vulnerability management across all internal and customer estates including management of security toolsets
- Assist with planning and execution of internal and customer facing DR tests, including identifying and reporting any updates required to the DR plans and documentation
- Follow approved procedures regarding change control and documentation standards.
- Support colleagues in the Service Centre teams to make sure that reported issues are resolved within SLA’s.
- Liaise with internal business units and 3rd parties to ensure a seamless resolution, as required
- Produce regular capacity reports and highlight any potential service impacting results
- Eventual Progression into providing out of hours (weekend and evening) support via home VPN on a rota basis, and maintenance activities on a volunteer basis
- Being a leader in business-critical software, digital solutions and managed services means investing in talent and to our client, their people truly matter.
- You’re the ones who help build long-lasting relationships with their customers, bring fresh ideas into play and bring their brand to life every day.
- When all of their talented individual's team up, great things happen.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Good understanding of Windows Server based systems including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, RDS, WSUS
- Understanding of virtualisation principles and technologies such as VMware / Hyper-V
- Understanding of backup principles and methodology
- Basic understanding of networking principles (IPv4 stack)
- Excellent customer facing skills and a desire to deliver correctly first time
- Able to clear Security Clearance (SC or above)
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.