What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide clerical, administrative and secretarial support to officers within a designated area
- To undertake clerical duties which may include word processing, minute-taking, letters, reports, forms, templates including complex documents on occasions.
- Support for diary management, meetings, handling telephone calls and/or attending to visitors.
- To provide reception and switchboard services and deal with initial enquiries from service users and other members of the public.
- Take messages on behalf of operational staff, dealing with routine queries and giving appropriate guidance (within defined boundaries) to the caller when required.
- To create and input information into confidential computerised information systems, ensuring accurate and current data integrity is maintained at all times.
- Provide other office services as required, including the creation and maintenance of files and filing systems, both manual and electronic, which may include information relating to the team.
- Collation of manual data, photocopying, distribution of information, maintenance of stationery supplies, incoming and outgoing post, receiving and accounting for monies paid in.
- Responsible for ensuring data quality and as such the integrity of management information through the proper use and safekeeping of data and record systems both manual and computerised
- Work is within agreed principles and guidelines under the direct supervision of the line manager
- Work is largely regulated by laid down procedures but with the occasional requirement for creative or innovatory thinking to deal with routine problems.
- The post holder will be expected to make decisions within rules and procedures but with some discretion to choose from established alternatives.
- Any other lesser or comparable duties as required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Business Support Assistant Apprentice will work towards a L3 Business Administrator Level 3 qualification via Weymouth College and will at the same time have formal training delivered by Dorset Council.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Prospect of a permanent position for the right candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential