Duties will include:
- Attend to pupils’ personal needs, and assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education / Behaviour / Support / Mentoring Plans and Personal Care Programmes / strategies
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs.
- Work with the teacher in lesson planning, evaluating, and adjusting lessons / work plans as appropriate
- Use strategies, in liaison with the teacher, to support pupils to achieve learning goals
- Monitor and evaluate pupils’ responses to learning activities through observation and planned recording of achievement against pre – determined learning objectives
- Prepare the classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards. Assist with the display of pupils’ work
- Ensure the timely and accurate design, preparation, and use of specialist equipment / resources / materials
Upon completion of the apprenticeship program, depending on performance, you may be offered the opportunity to apply for a full-time role at the school.
This role is Monday to Friday and term time only.
The hourly rate advertised is for candidates under the age of 18. For candidates aged 18 to 20 the hourly rate is £6.45, aged 21 to 24 is £8.20 and if you are aged 25 and over the hourly rate is £8.72.
- Ability to contribute effectively to teachers’ planning and preparation of lessons
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with students and other adults
- Ability to work with students on a one to one, small groups and whole class
- Ability to support teachers in evaluating pupils’ progress through a range of assessment activities
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- A passionate belief in the Trust’s vision of ‘nurturing today’s young people, inspiring tomorrow’s leaders’
- A passionate belief in the school’s mission statement
- A strong commitment to inclusion and overcoming barriers to learning and achievement
- Personal resilience, persistence and perseverance
- Sympathetic to and supportive of the Mixed Multi-Academy Trust Model and ethos of the Establishment
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)