Apprentice Teaching Assistant - Advanced (Level 3)
Wood Ley Community Primary School
West Suffolk College
We have an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team at the heart of a thriving local community.
Wood Ley Community Primary School promotes the highest standards for all of our children, widening their horizons and raising their aspirations, embracing new technologies and initiatives to fully prepare the children for their future. We are looking to appoint an apprentice Teaching Assistant to support high quality teaching and learning across the school, working primarily within the foundation stage.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Support the team members within foundation stage
- Work independently whilst further developing your knowledge and skills
- Support learning activities and help in children’s development
- Help with the care and support of the children
- Contribute to health and well-being
- Be an effective model for behaviour
- Assist with classroom resources & lesson preparation
- Contribute to a dedicated and hard working team.
Future ProspectsSuccessful completion of the apprenticeship could lead to a full time role within the school and the opportunity to join a dynamic and supportive team.
Reality CheckThe candidate will be working mainly with younger children both indoors and in the outside areas of the school.
- Communication Written- Ability to read, write & understand basic reports
- Communication Verbal - Ability to communicate information clearly and coherently; ability to listen effectively
- Team Work - Ability to work effectively and positively with a range of adults
- Time Management - Ability to manage time effectively
- Child Development - Good understanding of the general aspect of child development & Early Years . Ability to assess progress and performance.
- Working with Others - Understand the role of others working in and with the school. Has a positive outlook and is able to work flexible in a school environment.
- Understand and values the role of supporting and caring for children
- Literacy - Good reading and writing skills (National qualification Grade C or equivalent).
- Numeracy - Good numeracy skills (National qualification Grade C or equivalent).
- ICT - Knowledge of basic ICT to support learning.
Full Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.