What will the apprentice be doing?
- This role involves full training on bespoke tailoring.
- working on period tailored garments for film, TV and theatre.
- Candidate will work closely with a Saville row trained coatmaker, and be shown step by step how to take a jacket to a baste fit, complete a waistcoat, trousers / breeches, numerous pocket techniques, vent construction, collar construction, canvas construction.
- Will be trained on other elements needed in the making of a tailored garment- resulting in a bespoke coat made from start to finish by the apprentice, at the end of the apprenticeship.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- This apprenticeship is delived as a day release at our East ham campus, East London. You will be required to attend college once a week.
- Level 3 Garment Maker Standard
- Behaviour, Skills and Knowledge
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?There is an opportunity to secure a permanent position after successfully completing the apprenticeship.
Reality CheckThis role is based in West Sussex. Please check your commute before applying. There is limited public transport available. You will need to attend college in a weekly basis which is based in East London.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Logical, Creative, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential