Duties and responsibilities will include:
- 1st line support engineer
- Taking telephone calls and dealing with customer requests
- Attending sites to assess efficiency of computer systems
- Assisting senior engineers with their work
- Preparing PCs and network equipment for installation
- Any other duties falling within your role and capabilities the Company may from time to time reasonably require you to perform
Lucid Systems require an enthusiastic person to expand their growing team. The successful applicant will be assisting senior engineers with their day to day tasks. You will forever be learning whilst working and will gain first-hand experience in the IT industry.
If the apprentice is successful there will be the opportunity to stay with Lucid as a full-time junior system engineer. Lucid Systems currently have 2 engineers that were previously apprentices with us and are continuing to grow with the company.
Some jobs may require an onsite visit so a car would be useful but not essential.
The job will involve face to face customer interaction so good personal hygiene is essential.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work alone as well as in a team
- Good timekeeping skills
- Willingness to learn
- Eager to get into IT
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and maths at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) for a Level 3 Apprenticeship and grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) for a Level 2.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
All applicants regardless of entry requirements will be emailed an Initial Assessment to complete as part of the recruitment procedure. This is an online assessment in English and maths and can be completed at your preferred location remotely.
Currently, due to COVID19 we are not usually offering Initial Assessment appointments at either campus. Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, will be offered further advice and guidance to support their application if required.
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Attendance: All assessment and training are undertaken in the workplace with occasional visits to college.