Qube Learning are working in partnership with The Princes Trust on a new Health Care Sector project for 16–30-year-olds (age restriction is due to the Prince's Trust funding mandate). This project is designed to help young people into any role within the sector.
This specific position has been recognised as a opportunity that fits in with the locations and roles we currently working with.
If you apply for this fantastic opportunity, you will automatically be invited onto the programme. You will receive tailored support and guidance to help you in your application. After receiving your application we will contact you to book you in for a short induction, explain more about the programme & role and how we can help you!
The successful candidate will complete the Adult Care Worker Level 2 qualification lasting 15 months, maths & English Functional skills included if needed,
During your apprenticeship you will have a dedicated Skills Tutor, who will make regular appointments virtually or face to face, to support you throughout your qualification.
Your apprenticeship will be completed 100% at the workplace.
- £1000 Welcome Bonus - £500 in your first months’ pay, £500 after 6 months service*
- Dedicated career ladder for those with NVQ level 2 or 3 earn up to £9.35 per hour.
- Free DBS
- Life assurance benefit of twice annual basic salary
- Wagestream – Avoid bank fees and withdraw up to 40% of your wages as you earn them before payday via the Wagestream app.
- Comprehensive induction and excellent training
- Recognition Awards, including long service awards
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Refer a friend scheme – Receiving up to £1000 per referral
- Employee benefits platform providing discounts at over 150 retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice
- Health & Wellbeing portal
About the Role:
Aldeburgh House is a pleasant house on Mersea Island, Colchester providing a residential service for adults with mild to moderate learning disabilities, autism and complex needs. Some individuals may also have behaviours which others might find challenging. Very close to the beach, the house has a very friendly, homely feel and lots of natural daylight.
Aldeburgh offers a safe, supportive, person centred setting. The service has eight large single bedrooms – seven of which are en-suite, a pleasant, bright lounge and sunny garden. It is also wheelchair accessible so is suitable for people who may have additional physical disabilities or mobility issues.
You’ll be responsible for supporting an inclusive lifestyle within the community as individuals attend local colleges or day trips out. Develop greater independence and daily living skills by assisting with the upkeep of the service, preparing meals, shopping and domestic duties. Providing help with personal care such as washing, bathing and dressing whilst working across various shift patterns including early, late and weekend or night shifts. Full time and part time positions are available.
If you enjoy working as part of a team, are patient and caring with a positive attitude and are looking to join a growing organisation with great benefits, we would love to hear from you. You may be new to care, already have experience in the social care sector or the NHS as a Mental Health Support Worker, Care Worker, Healthcare Assistant or Care Assistant. We also recruit for attitude and personality so, if you don’t have all the right skills, we can provide a full induction, relevant training and the support you need to get the most from your role.
Opportunity to progress to higher level qualifications throughout your career.
By applying for this role you will automatically be put forwards for The Princes Trust help and support programme.
Due to the intimate nature of the role and for administering medication you must be 18 or above to apply.
To ensure we comply with Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 (the regulations), you will need to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to complete comprehensive reporting systems and analysis of information
- Ability to explain, develop and follow policies and protocols
- Ability to have a flexible approach to workload and manage your own time
- To be actively involved in own personal development
- Have a positive approach to change and ability to manage change
- Positive attitude to Health & Safety
- Sense of Humour
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- Level 2 Diploma in Care