At Freedom Support you will be working towards a Adult Care Worker Level 2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
To begin with the role will be part of the training academy and then will move to supported living role as below
- Set up daily activities
- Helping cleaning and sanitising before the activities
- Support clients in activities such as Sports, gym, arts and crafts, music and drama
- Lunchtime observe clients eating and drinking
You will get to know the clients who have learning and disability needs such as down syndrome, autism, epilepsy and diabetes. The role will then move in a supported living
Supported living role duties will include:
- Supporting clients in their chosen activities
- Support clients on a 1:1 basis at work placements
- Assisting clients with personal care as and when required
- Liaise professionally with any outside Agencies, Parents and Carers
- Assist with the development and implementation of PCP’s
- Assist clients in keeping the base or home clean and tidy
- Assist clients with preparing and cooking food
- Working at all our Supported Living homes as and when necessary
- Attending team meetings and supervision
The other apprenticeship role for Freedom Support is as follows:
This role will mainly be supportive living at the supported living home in Desborough (NN14 2JH 5 miles away) 4pm to 10pm and involves sleepovers (get paid £60.00 for sleepovers) and work the next day from 0700 to 1000am then drive back client to main site in Market Harborough and some weekend shifts. Therefore, a car is essential for this role. They are flexible and you can choose how many sleepovers.
Ongoing training and development following successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
- Communication skills
- Can-do attitude
- Hold all mandatory training
- Be flexible and able to work on own initiative as well as in a team
- Be willing to undertake training and keep up personal development
- It is essential to have a keen interest in the Health and Social Care Industry
No qualifications required and full training given.
- Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Level 2
- Functional Skills in maths
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in ICT