The duration will be 48-months with an award of a BSc (Hons) in Digital & Technology Solutions and a role within the IT team upon successful completion. This apprenticeship will offer the opportunity to be part of an IT team that delivers IT support & projects within an ever-growing food manufacturing business.
- Support end users across the business on day to day challenges
- Support various systems across the business both at group level and site level
- Assist in improving existing processes
- Rotate through the support desk and infrastructure team to gain an understanding of IT at Cranswick
- Assist the implementation and delivery of key technology projects and processes
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to problem solve/troubleshoot
- Team player, with the ability to self-manage
- Strong time management skills
- Confident and enthusiastic individual
- Can provide a great customer service
- 3 ‘A’ levels (or equivalent), BTEC or level 3 apprenticeship/extended diploma
- GCSE (or equivalent) English and maths minimum 4/C grade and above
- Level 6 Digital and Technology Solution Professional (degree) Standard
There are a number of learning knowledge modules teaching advanced theory and its practical application. These are taught online, and supported by classroom training workshops, which will be held at a local training centre.
Delivered in a blended-learning approach, using a combination of digital learning and face-to-face sessions.