What will the apprentice be doing?
Qube Learning are a national Training Provider who will support you throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship, lasting a total of 15 months.
As a Store Colleague, you will undertake a Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship.
You will be assigned a designated skills tutor, who will support you every step of the way throughout your apprenticeship.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established company and start your career.
- To provide an excellent customer experience by offering expert advice and knowledge to help the Outdoors consumer make the best choices that fulfil their needs
- Take pride in and maintain excellent store standards and demonstrate GO’s mission and values
- We are the largest outdoors retailer in the UK, we are incredibly thrifty and offer excellent value to our customers
- We look for Store Colleagues who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, thrive working in a team environment and can approach and advise customers accordingly based on their needs
Job Description Accountabilities:
- Create an environment where customers are made to feel welcome and are given an excellent shopping experience by providing brilliant product knowledge and advice to fulfil all customer needs
- Taking pride in the store’s appearance and ensuring store standards are always maintained
- Maintain and replenish stock levels to maximise stock availability for customers
- Create inspiring displays that showcases our products and potential outdoors experiences
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exceed customer expectations by using GO’s customer service model ABC at all times
- Make customers feel welcome by acknowledging them when they enter the store
- Observe customer buying signals offer assistance at the right time to ensure you are offer help when it matters most
- Ask customers what was wrong with a product if it is returned and offer replacements or alternatives to ensure the customers’ needs are met
- Show a genuine interest in the customers’ needs to identify and recommend the right products to fulfil the customer’s needs
- Create excitement around the products and the possibilities they offer to help the customer visualise the potential opportunities
- Offer alternative solutions to customers when a product they wanted are unavailable, so the customers’ needs are still fulfilled
- Help customers to make the decision to buy the products that are right for their needs
- Resolve any concerns a customer may have to remove any doubts about the products they are buying
- Serve customers promptly
- Replenish and maintain stock levels to ensure a high availability
- Take personal ownership development by keeping up to date with product knowledge
- Support all departments to maintain a high level of customer service
- Take pride in maintaining store and department standards inside and out by create inspiring displays to showcase our products
- Present yourself in an approachable, friendly professional manner that makes customer feel at ease
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Retailer level 2 qualification including Functional Skills in maths and English if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To become a permanent member of the Go Outdoors team and continue your development within the company
Skills RequiredAttention to detail, Communication skills, Customer care skills, Friendly
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired