What will the apprentice be doing?
Qube Learning are a national Training Provider who will support you throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship, lasting a total of 15 months.
As a Store Colleague, you will undertake a Retail Level 2 apprenticeship.
You will be assigned a designated skills tutor, who will support you every step of the way throughout your apprenticeship.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established company and kick start your career.
This Apprenticeship is paid at National Minimum wage, Under 18's £4.81ph, 18-20 £6.83ph, 21-22 £9.18.36, 23ph+ £9.50ph
-To provide an excellent customer experience by offering expert advice and knowledge to help the Outdoors consumer make the best choices that fulfil their needs.
-Take pride in and maintain excellent store standards and demonstrate GO’s mission and values.
-We are the largest outdoors retailer in the UK, we are incredibly thrifty and offer excellent value to our customers.
-We look for Store Colleagues who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, thrive working in a team environment and can approach and advise customers accordingly based on their needs.
Job Description Accountabilities:
• Create an environment where customers are made to feel welcome and are given an excellent shopping experience by providing brilliant product knowledge and advice to fulfil all customer needs.
• Taking pride in the store’s appearance and ensuring store standards are always maintained.
• Maintain and replenish stock levels to maximise stock availability for customers.
• Create inspiring displays that showcases our products and potential outdoors experiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Exceed customer expectations by using GO’s customer service model ABC at all times.
• Make customers feel welcome by acknowledging them when they enter the store.
• Observe customer buying signals offer assistance at the right time to ensure you are offer help when it matters most.
• Ask customers what was wrong with a product if it is returned and offer replacements or alternatives to ensure the customers’ needs are met.
• Show a genuine interest in the customers’ needs to identify and recommend the right products to fulfil the customer’s needs.
• Create excitement around the products and the possibilities they offer to help the customer visualise the potential opportunities.
• Offer alternative solutions to customers when a product they wanted are unavailable, so the customers’ needs are still fulfilled.
• Help customers to make the decision to buy the products that are right for their needs.
• Resolve any concerns a customer may have to remove any doubts about the products they are buying.
• Serve customers promptly.
• Replenish and maintain stock levels to ensure a high availability. • Take personal ownership development by keeping up to date with product knowledge.
• Support all departments to maintain a high level of customer service. • Take pride in maintaining store and department standards inside and out by create inspiring displays to showcase our products.
• Present yourself in an approachable, friendly professional manner that makes customer feel at ease.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Retailer level 2 qualification including Functional Skills in Maths and English if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To become a permanent member of the Go Outdoors team and continue your development and progression within the company.
Level 3 Team Leader qualification
Reality CheckTravel to and from work
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Customer care skills, Friendly, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired