What will the apprentice be doing?
- Programming - Using WoodWOP and Delta-Cad to efficiently utilise all machines
- Plant Resource Maintenance - utilising and maintaining existing plant / machinery
- Production Planning - liase with Director / Workshop Supervisor to deliver on time
- Manufacture products to the produced drawings and instructions
- Operate spraying machinery including pump system, pressure pot system, gravity gun and associated equipment
- Preparation of substrate applications of high-quality polyurethane, topcoat paint finish using spray gun
- Sanding, preparation work, base coasts, refills and spray painting to various products
- Sustain compatible housekeeping in the spray shop
- Maintain a safe, clean and organised work environment
- Follow and operate within all safety regulations, standards and procedures
- Check sprayed furniture to maintain the highest quality
- Willing to perform general workshop duties in other operations when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship in Furniture Manufacturing, including NVQ and functional skills maths and English. Work based learning.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
THE COMPANY MAY WISH TO INTERVIEW APPLICANTS BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE, RESULTING IN THE VACANCY BEING FILLED BEFORE THE GIVEN DATE.
Reality CheckMonday - Thursday 8:00-4:30pm / Fridays 8:00-3:30 / 30 mins lunch and paid 15 min break
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Organisation skills, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredOther Basic Maths (Grade n/a) Desired
Other Standard English (Grade n/a) Desired