What will the apprentice be doing?
- Review requirements and prepare test scenarios
- Participate in design reviews
- Work with various testing tools and systems
- Understand and analyse the test strategies and plans
- Review and complete static testing
- Create and execute test scripts
- Analyse test results on database impacts, errors or bugs, and usability
- Provide traceability from test scripts
- Provide estimates on timescales
- Identify required test dataWork across multiple test phases
- Identify risks early in the development lifecycle
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As part of the Level 4 Software Tester apprenticeship standard, you’ll be registered as a member with the British Computer Society and be on a fast track to an industry recognised qualification and your dedicated industry coach will support you through a blended approach that will include remote, in person, 1-2-1 and and group learning.
You will be given one day a week to complete your apprenticeship training and one of these days will be face to face in Birmingham.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Perminent employment and further professional development.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 5 GCSE's including Maths and English language (Grade A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent)) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths, Science, Computer Science (Grade C or above) Desired