Work as part of an Agile Scrum Team to solve problems and produce innovative software solutions.
- Develop yourself in individual- and pair-programming, with mentoring
- Implement code and unit tests in C, Python & Go
- Review others’ code with team members to ensure the integrity and robustness of projects
- Integration, verification, and validation activities
We are a friendly team, and we’re growing and recruiting more young people to join and grow with us. We have a custom designed office supporting collaborative software development, 1-minute walk from Cambridge Railway Station with on-site secure cycle-parking, and a short 20 minutes’ walk from the ARU campus site.
See the walkthrough video on our website!
We offer a whole range of employee benefits, including contributory Pension scheme with matching contributions, annual bonus scheme, flexible working, ride-to-work scheme, Private Medical Insurance, and Healthcare Cash Plan, Income Protection/Permanent Health Insurance, Life Assurance. There’s a kitchen and an open dining/meeting area, with free fruit, and coffee/tea.
We off staged increases in salary during the apprenticeship.
After graduation, you will become a Software Engineer in our Development Team.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Enthusiasm for and skills in science/technology
- An ability to analyse complex technical problems and offer innovative, reasoned and practical solutions to demanding requirements
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in an Agile, multi-disciplinary team environment
- We’d love to hear about personal programming projects, or other experience particularly in C, Python or Go; programming on Linux or Windows
- An enthusiasm for programming and cryptography/computer-security
- Adaptability, Collaboration, Determination, Enthusiasm, Energy, Growth potential, Leadership
120 UCAS Tariff points (3xB at A level or equivalent), in Computer Science, Maths, or other Science/Technical subjects, plus 5 GCSEs at C/4 or above including English and Maths (or equivalent).
We actively support the Apprentice program. We mentor you, and use pair-programming to teach and explain. We train you in software engineering and our programming languages.
You will graduate with a BSc (Hons) in Digital and Technology Solutions Degree from Anglia Ruskin University.
Training and Development
- Real project work
- On the job technical training
- Practical training in secure software development, with real-world problems and how we discover and address them within our Secure Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- In-house Security Academy
- Additional (employer provided) on-line training tools
- Development methodologies including SAFe
- Lunch & learn sessions and development seminars
- Company sponsored training sessions
- Advice and guidance from an expert
- Buddy with a recent graduate
Spend time developing skills in key areas, with an emphasis on your chosen area
- Software Engineering